I said things seldom end up the way I plan, right? Here’s a third incarnation for Elvie Kate’s nursery.
It all began with considering a yellow chair. Then I found that tapestry. And I got it. So then everything had to be rethought.
- The rocking chair will be going back home to my parents, and I’ll move that TLC-needing bergere chair back up to the nursery and paint or dye it a golden color. I haven’t decided which medium to use. Any advice?
- Once the tapestry arrives (seriously, how cute is it??) It’ll go behind the crib. The real-life scale of the quilt was not really working for me over the crib.
- Aunt Kate’s quilt will go over the dresser/changing table, flanked with floral initials (EK, which are also my initials–insert heart-eyes emoji here.) I’ll have to make these letters.
- The dresser it still getting its paint makeover.
- There used to be a little curtained reading nook in Anselm’s room, which I took down because the color didn’t go with what I wanted to do in there for Elvie Kate. It left me with a big empty corner. I’ve moved one of the boys’ tables into that space, so that they have a place to sit and be busy while I’m taking care of their sister. Or at least Anselm can sit there and play, because I’m going to want him in sight while I’m nursing the baby. (He’s sneaky.)
- I’m hoping to make something pretty to hang over the boys’ activity table, like a tassel garland or something fairly simple like that.
- My big question mark is still the hanging lamps–what to do there. I have a couple of ideas, but I’m still mulling them over.