- kransling the eighth (month seven.three-four)30 weeks This week I started trying to prepare for a postpartum period that may involve recovering from a c-section. I read articles, asked friends about their experiences, and tried to wrap my head around
- gallimaufry, 2.13.22It’s Sunday afternoon, the first day of our “work week” since Jeremy’s work schedule changed several weeks ago. We’ve had church, done school, ate breakfast, lunch, and snacks, and Elvie has joined and surpassed me
- gallimaufry, oct. 2021It’s Thursday afternoon, close enough to lunch that everyone’s done eating but not so far from it that we’re done cleaning up. I am sitting next to the bathtub on a tiny chair; Aurick is
- HOW TO PRAY FOR SOMEONE SUFFERING A MISCARRIAGEThis post was originally published on egallis.wordpress.com, in February of 2015. Below is the post in its entirety, including the personal note I included at the beginning. I pray you find solace in these
- elpisMost everyone is familiar with the concept of being in Limbo–that space where you hang suspended between one fate or another, unmoving, waiting or not even waiting, just existing. If we’re alive, none of us
- awareIt’s intriguing, the moment that it comes to mind. You’d think it would come in moments of quiet, in moments of solitude, when everything is still and that sleeping voice–that one that’s never forgotten,
- kransling the eighth (month NINE.three)I turned 39 weeks on Sunday, April 24. I have never, ever been 39 weeks pregnant. I am not sure what the deal is. Sometimes I worry that I’m doing something wrong.
- kransling the eighth (month NINE.two)38 weeks Well, this is typically the week! 38 w 2 d is the furthest I’ve ever gone in any pregnancy. The breakdown is: Ephraim—- 37 w 1 d (emergency induction)Eldore—— 37
- kransling the eighth (month NINE.one)37 weeks It’s not been that long ago, but I hope I can even remember what happened this week. It all seems something of a blur. Now officially “early term”, we braced
- contradiction (reflections on pregnancy)Somewhere in my heart there is a folder of images of the perfect pregnancy. I can see them clearly: bad days are spent cozied in bed with a book and whatever hot beverage comforts without sickening.
- Gallimaufry, june 2020
- paradoxIn the book of Jeremiah, the prophet is led before officials of the city by the priests and others seeking his death. They cannot find reason to condemn him, yet Jeremiah places himself in their hands