Work on the Colloquium started in early April, and is about to see early December. We have come a long, long way! Last week Jeremy took the week off and knocked out the drywall, the ceiling, and the painting. We hired a friend to do the subway tile, and it’s looking every bit as lovely as I hoped it would! We also took an unexpected turn with the paint color, swapping out our previous “something light” for something much darker and more saturated. (We ended up using Valspar’s Prussian Cadet, in a story I will probably have to share sometime as it is rather funny to me.)
In the Unseen But Very Important side of things, we spent the past couple of months having electric cables buried and a new pole put in, which made it possible to turn off the power to the main house separately from the Ham House, which meant we could have the old, 1960’s electric panel replaced (it used fuses instead of breakers). The propane tank was also moved from the back to the side of the house, and a new line run in preparation for our propane kitchen stove.
The next area of focus is sanding and sealing the floor.